- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Boeing says 787 launch will be pushed back
CHICAGO — Chicago-based Boeing Co. pushed has pushed back the debut of its often-delayed 787 jetliner by another six months.
The delay announced Tuesday will postpone the jetliner's debut in commercial service until the third quarter of 2009. It further jolts the company's credibility and may cost billions of dollars in additional costs and penalties.
The latest delay is the third revision to Boeing's delivery schedule and the fourth switch in the plans for first test flight.
It underscores the problems Boeing is having keeping to a schedule while leaning heavily for the first time on outside contractors for most of the manufacturing work.