- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Local Girl Scout Attends Ayrwaves 2008 in Scotlanc
Sarah Mittrucker, a member of Girl Scout Troop 13 of Girl Scouts of Otahki Council recently attended A Girl Guide camp in Ayrshire County, Scotland with Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma through the Girl Scouts Destination program.
Sarah first travelled to Tulsa, Oklahoma for an orientation with 5 other Girl Scouts from around the country and 6 Girl Scout from the Tulsa Council. In preparation for the trip the girls met each other through a yahoo group and helped planned the 5 days of siteseeing in London, England. Also during the orientation they tiedyed shirts and made pajama pants.
In London the group toured London on a double-decker bus, saw Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Shakespeare Globe and rode the Eye of London and had high tea several afternoons. They also toured Pax Lodge, one of the World Centers for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. Before return to the US they spent the night at Lord Baden Powell Hostel in London.
They then travelled to Scotland by train to Ayrwaves 2008 held at Elginton Country Park. There over 700 girls from Scotland, Wales, Eire, New Zealand Nigeria, Singapore, Canada and the USA gathered for a week of fun and friendship. They were divided into clans and Sarah was in the Royal Stewarts. Some activities that Sarah partipated in were cycling, kaying, crafts, and a Day trip to the island of Arran and also a day trip to the local amusement park Loudoun Castle.
As part of the international day the girls show others to tiedye and also gave them sample of popcorn (which many had never had before).
It was a trip of a lifetime and many new friendships were made. Sarah is already talking about her next internation adventure with her new friends.