- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Local Girl Scout Attends Ayrwaves 2008 in Scotlanc
Sarah Mittrucker, a member of Girl Scout Troop 13 of Girl Scouts of Otahki Council recently attended A Girl Guide camp in Ayrshire County, Scotland with Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma through the Girl Scouts Destination program.
Sarah first travelled to Tulsa, Oklahoma for an orientation with 5 other Girl Scouts from around the country and 6 Girl Scout from the Tulsa Council. In preparation for the trip the girls met each other through a yahoo group and helped planned the 5 days of siteseeing in London, England. Also during the orientation they tiedyed shirts and made pajama pants.
In London the group toured London on a double-decker bus, saw Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Shakespeare Globe and rode the Eye of London and had high tea several afternoons. They also toured Pax Lodge, one of the World Centers for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. Before return to the US they spent the night at Lord Baden Powell Hostel in London.
They then travelled to Scotland by train to Ayrwaves 2008 held at Elginton Country Park. There over 700 girls from Scotland, Wales, Eire, New Zealand Nigeria, Singapore, Canada and the USA gathered for a week of fun and friendship. They were divided into clans and Sarah was in the Royal Stewarts. Some activities that Sarah partipated in were cycling, kaying, crafts, and a Day trip to the island of Arran and also a day trip to the local amusement park Loudoun Castle.
As part of the international day the girls show others to tiedye and also gave them sample of popcorn (which many had never had before).
It was a trip of a lifetime and many new friendships were made. Sarah is already talking about her next internation adventure with her new friends.