- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Georges to mark 50 years
Preston and Virginia George of Belknap, Ill., will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Nov. 28. The event will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. at Belknap Community Center.
The couple was married Nov. 28, 1954, in Corinth, Miss. Their attendants were Russell and Dixie Cameron.
The Georges have four children, Malesa Talmage of Cypress, Ill., Annette Shoulders of Cape Girardeau, Anthony George of Round Rock, Texas, and Jennifer Bopp of St. Peters, Mo. They have five grandchildren, Renee and Joshua Shoulders, Jenna and Brenden Talmage, and Kaitlyn Bopp.
George is employed at Dippin' Dots in Paducah, Ky. Mrs. George is a retired travel consultant.