- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cecil - Helwege
Charlie Cecil, Gretchen Pembroke, and Glen and Stacy Henson, all of Caruthersville, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, April Brooke Cecil, to Travis Ryan Helwege. He is the son of Gary and Sandy Helwege of Cape Girardeau, and Ray and Christine Fochler of Gallatin, Tenn.
Cecil is a 1999 graduate of Caruthersville High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in food service and hospitality management from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004. She is employed at BG's Olde Tyme Deli.
Helwege is a 1993 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School, and attended Southeast. He is a marketing associate with Hardin's Sysco.
A May 31 wedding is planned at St. Mary's Cathedral.