- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. — Irma Ballard, 96, of Centralia, Ill., formerly of Anna, died Tuesday, March 11, 2008, at St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia.
She was born Jan. 20, 1912, to Clede and Maggie White Vick. She married Bob Smithey Oct. 11, 1933. He preceded her in death. She later married Leland Lesar. He preceded her in death Feb. 5, 1975. In 1980 she married Lloyd Ballard. He preceded her in death Feb. 18, 1989.
Ballard was a member of Lake Milligan Baptist Church. She was a nurses aide.
Survivors include a son, Jerry (Karen) Smithey of Jefferson City, Tenn.; a daughter, Vicky (Gary) Bolen of Shattuc, Ill.; three grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; three great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, parents and three brothers, Oris, Maynard and Wallace Vick.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Verlee Eaker officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.