- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Birdell T. Hovis, 88, of Perryville died March 11, 2008, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born March 28, 1919, daughter of George and Rosa Baudendistel Berkbuegler. She and Freeman J. Hovis were married June 30, 1945, at Jackson. He preceded her in death.
Hovis had been a dietary worker at Perry County Memorial Hospital and Senior Citizen Center. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Daughters of Isabella and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include four daughters, Sharon Renaud and Susan Behrle of Perryville, Lois Lilly of Jadwin, Mo., Carla Gardner of Ironton, Mo.; two sons, Freeman "Jim" Hovis of Swansea, Ill., Mark Hovis of Duxbury, Mass.; 13 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a grandson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday from 6:30 a.m. until time of service at Miller Family Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Rhinehart officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.