- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Joplin couple, 2 teen sons die in eastern Oklahoma crash
TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A family of four from Joplin is dead after their car was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler at an Oklahoma intersection and burst into flames.
Troopers say the crash on Sunday took the lives of 52-year-old Robert Hayes, his 41-year-old wife Melissa Hayes and their sons, 15-year-old Tyler and 14-year-old Colby Hayes.
Authorities say a tractor-trailer rig rear-ended the Hayes car that was stopped at a traffic light in Pryor, Oklahoma. Investigators do not know why the semi driver was not able to stop.
Police plan an accident re-creation before deciding whether to file charges against the truck driver, a 53-year-old man from Mesa, Ariz. He remained hospitalized Monday afternoon.
Information from: The Joplin Globe: http://www.joplinglobe.com ;
Tulsa World, http://www.tulsaworld.com