- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Community digest 3/10/08
River Heritage Quilters' Guild Meeting
The River Heritage Quilters' Guild monthly meeting begins with a 6:30 p.m. social hour followed by a 7 p.m. meeting today at the Cape Girardeau Senior Center, 921 N. Clark St. The program will celebrate the guild's birthday. Members are asked to dress in some manner that will suggest their birthday month. For more information, visit www.riverquilters.bravehost.com.
Lady Democrats to meet Tuesday
The Ladies Democratic Club will have a meal at 6 p.m. followed by a meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Ponderosa Steak House, 45 South Kingshighway. All members are encouraged to attend this business meeting. For more information, call Faye Schreiner at 651-0702.
Contra dance set for Saturday in Cape
The Cape Friends of Traditional Music and Dance will hold a beginner's session from 6:45 to 7 p.m. Saturday followed by a 7 to 9:30 p.m. contra dance with live music at Christ Episcopal Church, 101 N. Fountain St. in Cape Girardeau. There is a requested donation discounted for students. For more information, call John or Kathy Coffman at 334-4706, Judy Bradley at 334-5289 or John Boyd at 335-7315
Scott City Easter egg hunt planned Saturday
The Scott City Park Department will hold its annual Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m. Saturday in the Scott City Community Park. All children 8 and younger are welcome. For more information, call 264-2322.
Entertainment on the bill at PTO Follies
Scott City PTO Follies will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday in the high school gym. Concessions will be available. Admission will be discounted for students. The entertainment will be provided by parents and teachers, and proceeds fund the PTO.
Dance, auction will benefit cancer research
The Kluesner Krusaders Relay for Life Team will hold a dance and silent auction from 7 to 11 p.m. March 29 at Jackson Knights of Columbus Hall. Silent auction bidding will be from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. There is an admission fee. For more information, call Denise Kluesner McDowell at 243-8047.
— From staff reports