- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Old Town Cape Awards
Old Town Cape Awards
Old Town Cape, the Main Street program for Cape Girardeau that works to promote the economic health of the downtown business district, made its annual awards presentation Friday. The winners are:
* Volunteer of the Year: Jerra Hutson. Recognized for dedication to making the annual Charles L. Hutson Auction a success both as a fundraiser and social event in memory of her father-in-law.
* John Boardman Excellence in Historic Rehabilitation Award: Concord Publishing House, Horizon Screen Printing and the United Way of Southeast Missouri for efforts to preserve and enhance the Montgomery Ward/Bartels Mercantile Building at 430 Broadway.
* Judith Ann Crow Residential Historic Rehabilitation Award: Jack Rickard and Jill Young for the rehabilitation and restoration of their residence at 14 Morgan Oak St.
* Charles L. Hutson Visionary Award: Tim Blattner for his work for more than 30 years to promote tourism through the Riverfest event and for raising funds for murals on the floodwall and other locations in downtown Cape Girardeau.
* Old Town Cape Preservation of Heritage Award: Southeast Missouri State University for the River Campus, which renovated the St. Vincent's Seminary building for modern use and added a major performance and learning center.