- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Redhawks blank Bethune-Cookman
Whitney Dupuis pitched a five-hit shutout to lead the Southeast Missouri State softball team to a 4-0 victory over Bethune-Cookman on Friday at the Florida Atlantic tournament in Boca Raton, Fla.
The Redhawks struck for three runs in the third inning, thanks to Stacia Dopudja's three RBIs. They scored an insurance run in the seventh when Lauren Bradley knocked in a run.
Dupuis struck out four and walked four to earn the win.
All four of Southeast's runs were unearned.
The win came after a 5-0 loss to Florida Gulf Coast in the early game. Elaine Fisher took the loss, giving up five runs, three earned, in five innings. She struck out five and walked three.
Southeast finished with four hits, and no player had more than one. Dopudja doubled in the game.
Southeast (8-6) faces Towson and Florida Atlantic in today's contests as the tournament continues.
The Southeast baseball team will try to return to action Monday when it hosts Lyon College at Capaha Field. The game is scheduled for 3 p.m.
Today's doubleheader against William Woods was canceled and Sunday's game was moved to Monday.
The Southeast tennis team will try to host its first dual Monday, when it welcomes in Murray State at noon. The match originally was scheduled for Thursday.
Southeast will play at Tennessee State today and at Saint Louis on Sunday.
— From staff reports