- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sherman Hill Sr.
VANDUSER, Mo. -- Sherman Joe Hill Sr., 78, of Vanduser died Thursday, March 6, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 24, 1930, in St. Louis, son of the late Horace S. and Hazel Belle Hatfield Hill. He and Evelyn Pearson were married Aug. 29, 1958, in Cape Girardeau.
He was a farmer and served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He went to St. Denis Elementary School in Benton, Mo., and was a 1947 graduate of Morley High School. He was a member of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Sikeston.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Joe Hill Jr. of Benton; five daughters, Sherry McGruder of Patton, Mo., Charlotte Griffin of Morley, Mo., Kim Harms and Donna Alvey, both of Cape Girardeau, Sarah Hill of Longview, Texas; a sister, Geraldine Keifer of St. Peters, Mo.; and 10 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston, Mo. The funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m. Monday at St. Francis Xavier Church, with the Rev. Scott Sunnenberg officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Morley.