- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
History day winners
First place, Toby Miller, Risco, Mo.; second, Paige Medlin, Risco; third, Cheyenne Corbett, Risco.
First, Allen Rock and Cody Young, Risco; second, Caitlyn Earnheart and Casey Vandergriff, Risco; third, Gray Hallman and Austin Wheeler, Deer Creek Christian Academy, Cape Girardeau.
First, Penny Robinson, Deer Creek Christian Academy; second, Brett Ruch, Bloomfield Middle School, Bloomfield, Mo.; third, Kassi Lawrence, Gideon High School, Gideon, Mo.
First, Elizabeth Koehler, Cape Christian School; second, Landry Thurston, Bernie High School; third, Megan Sample, Cape Girardeau Central Junior High.
First, Sadie Vandergriff and Miquela Green, Risco; second, Emily McCord and Stephanie Hayes, Risco; third, Josh Earnheart and Brooke Walker, Risco.
First, Maggie Thorn, Bloomfield Middle School; second, Dylan Kennedy, Risco; third, Morgan Marcus, Gideon High School.
First, Robyn Chism and Morgan McClard, Bloomfield Middle School; second, Alexa Grissom, Hannah Moore and Taylor Robinson, Gideon High School; third, Ellie Kidd, Faith Reynolds, Kristyn Sanders Lizzie Nussbaum, Central Junior High.
First, Kassidy Murphy, Risco; second, Andrea McCord, Risco; third, Mark Blanton, St. Mary Cathedral, Cape Girardeau.
First, Lychia Graviett and Caitelyn Salazar, Bloomfield Middle School; second, Becky Kennedy, Sadie Schaefer, Courtney Scheeter and Regina Seyer, St. Ambrose, Chaffee, Mo.; third, Landon Woods, Will Barnett, Austin White, Bernie High School.
Junior Web site
First, Amanda Walton, Risco; second, Mitchell Dirnberger and Grayson Glueck, St. Ambrose; third, Austin Hatchel, Bernie High School.
First, Lita Eakens, Risco; second, Dustin Ferguson, Clarkton, Mo.; third, Rachel Vernon, Bernie High School.
First, Slayton Boone, Gideon High School; second, Grace Powell, Risco.
First, Ashley Moore and Anna Godbey, Risco; second, Cassie Vise and Eric Pipkins, Risco.
First, Aaron Lerma, Risco; second Kelsey Murphy, Risco; third, Krystal Wright, Risco.
First, Brittany Burnett and Justin Earnheart, Risco; second, Parker Evans, Kaleigh Evans and Jordan Blunt, Essex, Mo.; third, Cassy Woolverton, Lindsey Wilson and Jordan Boone, Gideon High School.
Senior Web site
Jessica Hunt, Alicia Rasmussen and Haley Stockton, Bernie High School; second, Justin Cook and Aaron Parson, Bernie High School; third, Josh Simpson, Kevin Sparks, Daniel Figueroa, Jeremy Cornman and Bobby Morales, Clarkton, Mo.
First, Marlyn Dickens and Jordan Passley, Risco; second, Josh Long and Ross Carter, Risco; third, Brandon Bennett and Houston Buck, Risco.
First, Macy Ellsworth, Gideon High School; second, Logan Randolph, Piedmont, Mo.; third, Zach Williams, Risco.
Outstanding regional history project 2008
Lychia Graviett and Caitelyn Salazar, Bloomfield Middle School.
Winner of the trophy for the most winning entries
Risco School District.