- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ST. LOUIS -- Robert P. Bettlach, 83, of St. Louis died Wednesday, March 5, 2008, at Alexian Brothers Lansdowne Village.
He was the son of John and Veronica Stauder Bettlach. He married Erma Reimann.
Bettlach had been a storekeeper, and retired from St. Louis Water Division. He was a member of VFW Post 8888.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Michael Bettlach of St. Louis, Robert Bettlach of Warrenton, Mo., Randy Bettlach of Gerald, Mo.; a sister, Jeanette Helfrich; grandchildren, Jeffrey (Kelly), Cara (Gerry) Glamaco, Danielle and Rebecca, Craig, Kyle and Ryan Bettlach; great-grandchildren, Haley and Maria; and was a dear brother-in-law, uncle, great-uncle and cousin.
Visitation will be from 3 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Kutis Affton Chapel.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Memorials to VFW appreciated.