- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)5
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)72
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
ST. LOUIS -- Robert P. Bettlach, 83, of St. Louis died Wednesday, March 5, 2008, at Alexian Brothers Lansdowne Village.
He was the son of John and Veronica Stauder Bettlach. He married Erma Reimann.
Bettlach had been a storekeeper, and retired from St. Louis Water Division. He was a member of VFW Post 8888.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Michael Bettlach of St. Louis, Robert Bettlach of Warrenton, Mo., Randy Bettlach of Gerald, Mo.; a sister, Jeanette Helfrich; grandchildren, Jeffrey (Kelly), Cara (Gerry) Glamaco, Danielle and Rebecca, Craig, Kyle and Ryan Bettlach; great-grandchildren, Haley and Maria; and was a dear brother-in-law, uncle, great-uncle and cousin.
Visitation will be from 3 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Kutis Affton Chapel.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Memorials to VFW appreciated.