- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
ST. LOUIS -- Robert P. Bettlach, 83, of St. Louis died Wednesday, March 5, 2008, at Alexian Brothers Lansdowne Village.
He was the son of John and Veronica Stauder Bettlach. He married Erma Reimann.
Bettlach had been a storekeeper, and retired from St. Louis Water Division. He was a member of VFW Post 8888.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Michael Bettlach of St. Louis, Robert Bettlach of Warrenton, Mo., Randy Bettlach of Gerald, Mo.; a sister, Jeanette Helfrich; grandchildren, Jeffrey (Kelly), Cara (Gerry) Glamaco, Danielle and Rebecca, Craig, Kyle and Ryan Bettlach; great-grandchildren, Haley and Maria; and was a dear brother-in-law, uncle, great-uncle and cousin.
Visitation will be from 3 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Kutis Affton Chapel.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Memorials to VFW appreciated.