- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Snow could fall on area starting Thursday
More snow could be dumped on Southern illinois and parts of Southeast Missouri as soon as Thursday night.
A storm system is expected to take shape across the Gulf Coast Thursday and move east by late Friday, dropping snow throughout the Ohio Valley region and mid south Thursday night, according to the National Weather Service in Paducah, Ky.
The winter weather may affect portions of Southeast Missouri, including Scott County, and the southern tip of Illnois, including Alexander and Union counties.
In Cape Girardeau, snow is considered likely to start Thursday night and continue into Friday, with a 50 percent chance of the snow continuing on Friday.
The weather system is still evolving and accumulation and precipitation predictions are still fairly uncertain, the weather service cautioned.