- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Virginia Jordan McConnell, 77, of Chaffee died Monday, March 3, 2008, at Foun- tainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 5, 1930, at Trumann, Ark., the daughter of Alvin Eric and Opal Kitterman Jordan.
She married Elva Estes Mc-Connell Jr., on Sept. 9, 1949. He died Sept. 4, 2001.
Virginia was a secretary at Chaffee Elementary School for several years. She served on the Chaffee Board of Education. She worked for Head Start before she retired. She was a member of Chaffee First Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Donald McConnell of Altamonte Springs, Fla., David (Denise) McConnell of Gainesville, Ga.; three daughters, Cathy (Augie) Urhahn of Scott City, Susan (Jim) Puckett of Jackson, Frances (Ed) Dooley of Chaffee. She is also survived by three brothers, Don (Linda) Jordan of Memphis, Tenn., Gene (Karen) Jordan of Kansas City, Mo., and Robert (Marilyn) Jordan of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; and a sister-in-law, Bonnie (Curtis) Holmes of Belding, Mich.
Also surviving are 10 grandchildren, Jennifer (Dan) Hecht of Jackson, Ryan (Nicole) Dooley of Cape Girardeau, John Ciluffo of Vincennes, Ind., Christina (Ryan) Parker of St. Charles, Mo., Heather, David and Jacob McConnell of Gainesville, Ga., Brett, Seth and Maggie McConnell of Eustis, Fla. There are three great-grandchildren, Evan and Erin Hecht of Jackson and Audrey Beth Dooley of Cape Girardeau, and a great-grandson, Aidan Matthew, due in April.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the First Baptist Church in Chaffee. Dr. Brian Anderson will officiate. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Malden, Mo.
The family requests memorials be made to the First Baptist Church of Chaffee.