- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sikeston Depot Museum helps organize Civil War re-enactments
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The Civil War Battle of Sand Ridge and the Raid on Lawrence, Kan., will be re-enacted this weekend.
Registration will be from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the Sikeston Depot Museum, 116 W. Malone Ave. in Sikeston.
Activities are from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday. The re-enactment of the Raid on Lawrence, Kan., will be from 11 to 11:45 a.m. Saturday and the Battle of Sand Ridge will be from 3 to 4 p.m. Saturday. The re-enactment of the Battle of Sand Ridge will be held again at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Encampment will be at the Scott Matthews Farm. There will be a banner near the entrance on U.S. 60, a mile east of Wal-Mart.
For more information, call Mike Marsh, Sikeston Depot Museum director, at 573-481-9967.