- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jones - Swoboda
Tammy Clutts of Thebes, Ill., and Bobby Jones of Olive Branch, Ill., announce the engagement of their daughter, Ashley Kay Jones, to Nicholas Gerard Swoboda, both of Cape Girardeau. He is the son of Stuart and Kathy Swoboda of Cape Girardeau.
Jones is a 2004 graduate of Egyptian High School in Tamms, Ill. She attended Shawnee Community College, and expects to graduate in May from Southeast Missouri State University with a bachelor of science degree in health management. She is a group fitness instructor at the university's Student Recreation Center.
Swoboda is a 1999 graduate of Central High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice from Southeast. He is a police officer with Cape Girardeau Police Department, and is a lieutenant in Missouri National Guard with the 1137th Military Police Co.
A July 11 wedding is planned at Centenary United Methodist Church.