- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Austin Devon Cross, 76, of Chicago, formerly of Villa Ridge, Ill. died Thursday, Nov. 11, 2004, at Chicago.
He was born June 8, 1928. He was a graduate of Douglas High School in Mounds.
Cross was employed by Amoco Oil Co. for 35 years. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife, Frances; two sons, Khalil Abdul-Rahim and Steve Mason; and a sister, Molly Norwood of Carbondale, Ill.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at the Congregation Church of Park Manor in Chicago from 10 a.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at the church, and a graveside funeral service will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday in the National Cemetery at Mound City, Ill.