- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Centers provide valuable services
To the editor:
This letter is in reference to Robert Krone's Nov. 11 letter, "Close all the senior centers." Mr. Krone has not been educated on the importance of a senior center. I suggest Mr. Krone attend a senior center or volunteer at a center to see firsthand the importance of senior centers. It is very easy to sit back and pass judgment on an issue when you are not knowledgeable of its workings.
As a senior center administrator for the past 18 years, I have seen firsthand the importance of the program. The program is so much more than anyone realizes. The centers are a resource of information for senior citizens and their families, as well as a hot noon meal or a place to seek companionship.
I only hope the senior centers are still around when Mr. Krone or a family member is in need of our services. The centers keep people out of nursing homes so they can live an independent life.
SUSAN POBST, OAKS Center, Chaffee, Mo.