- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson Board of Aldermen action 11/16/04
Approved a $16,250 increase to Horner & Shifrin Inc., for additional engineering services for the West Jackson Boulevard/South Hope Street water and sewer relocation project.
Appointed Alderman Kerry Hoffman to represent the city on the Cape Girardeau Area Magnet Board.
Approved a public hearing for Dec. 20 to consider the proposed 2005 city of Jackson annual budget.
Approved an $8,534.40 increase to Penzel Construction regarding to the sanitation department maintenance building project.
Approved a $4,009.40 decrease and authorizing final payment of $63,628 to PR Developers regarding to the East Main Street interceptor sewer project.
Approved a $12,971 decrease and authorizing final payment of $45,269.22 to PR Developers Inc., regarding to the Goose Creek interceptor sewer project.
Approved the voluntary annexation of 0.507 acres on Old Toll Road, as submitted by Chug Crites and setting a public hearing for Dec. 6.
Approved the city's all-hazard mitigation plan, as prepared by the Southeast Missouri Regional Planning and Economic Development Commission.
Amended Chapter 41 of the code of ordinances regarding to the required installation of pressure-reducing valves in all new buildings requesting water service.
Approved the dedication of a sewer easement from WPSD Properties LLC.
Approved an ordinance calling for a general municipal election on April 5 for the mayor and aldermen.
Approved the closure of certain streets on Dec. 4 for the Jackson Jaycees annual Christmas parade.
Approved a motion authorizing the Jackson Junior Indians to collect donations from 9 to 11 a.m. at the intersection of Main and Hope streets on Saturday to help defray tournament fees and expenses.
Approved the preliminary plat of a resubdivision of Klaus Park Village Second Subdivision, as submitted by Canyon Construction.
Approved a special-use permit for the construction and operation of two attached advertising signs which exceed the size limits in a light industrial district at 721 West Jackson Blvd.
Approved the final plat of Pioneer Orchard Fourth Subdivision as submitted by Missouri Lakes LLC.
Approved the final plat of Green Meadows Tenth Subdivision, as submitted by Appleton Valley Farm Inc.