- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Suit up: Guys have lots of tuxedo options for prom
You wait until the night before a test to study, so why not wait until the days before prom to go for your tuxedo?
There's a good reason not to: You probably won't get the one you want, said Kathy Wright at Garber's Menswear in Cape Girardeau. The company stores order from may be out of a color and if you're an odd size the order can be delayed.
Waiting until the week before prom, "that's pushing it," Wright said.
"Once they know their date's dress colors, they need to book as soon as possible," she said.
Don't be afraid to ask for help, guys. "A lot of them come in with their girlfriends and she picks it out," Wright said.
She said to call your preferred tux shop and set up an appointment. Wear normal clothes like jeans and a T-shirt so the person measuring you can get an accurate measurement — that means take off the hoodie and don't wear extremely baggy pants.
Getting fitted takes only a few minutes, picking out the tux takes a little longer. First off: black or white or something else? Then there's the jacket length and stripe options.
Wright said a lot of students match their vest and tie to their date's dress. Do you want accessories? Most shops can get canes, hats and decorative chains, but those are purchases, not rentals.
But Wright said most guys just get a regular tux with a colored vest, so calm down, fellas.