- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
FARRAR, Mo. -- Hilmer J. Stueve, 89, of Farrar died Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009, at Perry Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
He was born Oct. 9, 1919, in Frohna, Mo., son of Joseph and Wilhelmine Bachmann Stueve. He and Helen Detjen were married Oct. 16, 1943.
Stueve was an agriculture and livestock farmer and former manager of Interstate Producers Livestock Association 20 years. He was a member of Salem Lutheran Church and the former Farrar School Board.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, JoAnn Zoellner of Farrar; four grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by nine brothers and sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and 6:30 to 8 a.m. Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Salem Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.