- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
FARRAR, Mo. -- Hilmer J. Stueve, 89, of Farrar died Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009, at Perry Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
He was born Oct. 9, 1919, in Frohna, Mo., son of Joseph and Wilhelmine Bachmann Stueve. He and Helen Detjen were married Oct. 16, 1943.
Stueve was an agriculture and livestock farmer and former manager of Interstate Producers Livestock Association 20 years. He was a member of Salem Lutheran Church and the former Farrar School Board.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, JoAnn Zoellner of Farrar; four grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by nine brothers and sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and 6:30 to 8 a.m. Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Salem Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.