- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Three businesses to open at Shawnee Center
Two relocations, one new
Three businesses will soon open at one of Cape Girardeau's newest developments, Shawnee Center, at Highway 74 and South Silver Springs Road, just east of Interstate 55.
Tom Kelsey, commercial broker with Lorimont Place Ltd., who handles the leasing for the development's owner, The Rebel Group, announced the recent signing of leases with Scraps 'N More, Edward Jones and Charter Communications.
Kelsey said Scraps 'N More, currently located in the Crossroad's Center, needed additional space and will expand its operation in the Shawnee Center location to 3,000 square feet. The company specializes in scrapbook supplies and other specialty retailing. Construction on its new space is under way with an opening date soon to be announced. Kelsey said he is also handling the leasing of the business' current location at Independence and Kingshighway for the Crossroad's owner.
Edward Jones, an international investing company with several offices in the region, will open a satellite office at Shawnee Center. The company provides a variety of investment and insurance products and services for their clients. Construction will begin shortly, according to Kelsey. Details of the representative to occupy the office will be announced in the near future.
Charter Communications, one of the nation's largest cable and Internet providers, will establish a retail customer service operations office at Shawnee Center. Cable and Internet customers will be able to sign up for service, and existing customers will be able to modify service plans, pick up equipment and make payments at the new location. The office will also house the regional advertising sales division of Charter. Plans are to have the new office open sometime in February.
Kelsey said these newest tenants would join Station West, Q Audio & Video, Kelly Services and River City Imaging in the new 27,900-square-foot development with almost 80 percent of the available space leased.
Prime spaces in a variety of sizes still remain in the high traffic and visibility location, said Kelsey. The Lorimont broker said he is working with other prospective tenants for possible office and retail operations there.