- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Restaurant recommends: Wib's Drive In
The sign outside Wib's Drive In on U.S. 61 in Jackson says "Barbecue is our specialty," and it is. The restaurant cooks it right outside, slices it up and serves it to you with its own tomato-based barbecue sauce. The only deviation is the pimento and cheese — and owner A.D. Hoffman makes it, too.
"I make everything in here," Hoffman said. Here, he makes his no-brainer recommendations.
The Combination Sandwich
Wib's doesn't bother with appetizers. They get right to the good stuff: barbecue and french fries.
Wib's serves up sliced pork shoulder and homemade pimento cheese. Depending on how you order it, they drip, drizzle or pour homemade barbecue sauce onto the sandwich.
Hoffman said their fries stay crispy and hold the heat while you enjoy the sandwich.
It's not homemade, but it's warm and sweet with a flaky crust and a goey cherry middle. Grab a fork or just eat it with your hands, the folks at Wib's don't care.
Sure, they've got water, but if you want a little liquid flavor to match what's on your plate, go with a good, old-fashioned fountain drink. They use pellet ice, good for chewing.
Wib's Drive In
1204 hwy 61 N
8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday to Thursday; 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday; closed Sunday and Monday