- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southern Illinois Miners to play exhibition at Capaha Field
The Southern Illinois Miners minor league baseball team has scheduled an exhibition game at Capaha Field as a way to help increase its fan base in Cape Girardeau.
The Miners, a member of the Frontier League, will play a preseason game here against the Florence Freedom of Florence, Ky., on May 9.
"We're excited about this opportunity mainly because we look at Cape Girardeau as one of our major markets for our fan base," Miners general manager Tim Arseneau said. "An event like this will hopefully help us increase our fan base down here in Cape and have some more fans make the trip up to Rent One Park this year."
The price of tickets has not been set yet, but proceeds will be distributed evenly to both the Capaha Field repair project and Cape Girardeau youth baseball, according to a press release from the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau.