- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Rep. Lichtenegger proposes change to term limits (12/4/17)7
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Buffalo Wild Wings moving to new location in March (12/2/17)2
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Pot affects gas tank reading
SANDY, Utah -- A Utah man took his newly acquired used sport utility vehicle to a mechanic to find out why the gas gauge always read half-full.
The mechanic looked inside the gas tank and found about 35 pounds of marijuana in plastic-wrap packages. They filled about half of the tank's volume. Police estimate the pot is worth about $35,000.
The Nissan Armada has had several owners and was once a rental car. Sandy police are trying to figure out who stashed the pot but say the current owner is not a suspect.
Investigators in the town south of Salt Lake City say the drug packs could have been in the tank for months.