- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)25
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Pot affects gas tank reading
SANDY, Utah -- A Utah man took his newly acquired used sport utility vehicle to a mechanic to find out why the gas gauge always read half-full.
The mechanic looked inside the gas tank and found about 35 pounds of marijuana in plastic-wrap packages. They filled about half of the tank's volume. Police estimate the pot is worth about $35,000.
The Nissan Armada has had several owners and was once a rental car. Sandy police are trying to figure out who stashed the pot but say the current owner is not a suspect.
Investigators in the town south of Salt Lake City say the drug packs could have been in the tank for months.