- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)5
Pot affects gas tank reading
SANDY, Utah -- A Utah man took his newly acquired used sport utility vehicle to a mechanic to find out why the gas gauge always read half-full.
The mechanic looked inside the gas tank and found about 35 pounds of marijuana in plastic-wrap packages. They filled about half of the tank's volume. Police estimate the pot is worth about $35,000.
The Nissan Armada has had several owners and was once a rental car. Sandy police are trying to figure out who stashed the pot but say the current owner is not a suspect.
Investigators in the town south of Salt Lake City say the drug packs could have been in the tank for months.