- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Pot affects gas tank reading
SANDY, Utah -- A Utah man took his newly acquired used sport utility vehicle to a mechanic to find out why the gas gauge always read half-full.
The mechanic looked inside the gas tank and found about 35 pounds of marijuana in plastic-wrap packages. They filled about half of the tank's volume. Police estimate the pot is worth about $35,000.
The Nissan Armada has had several owners and was once a rental car. Sandy police are trying to figure out who stashed the pot but say the current owner is not a suspect.
Investigators in the town south of Salt Lake City say the drug packs could have been in the tank for months.