- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Moving to Scott City a good choice
I am 78, and my wife is 73. After searching for some time, we bought a home and settled in Scott City in 1992. My wife is a native Coloradoan. The main reason for leaving Colorado was high taxes. We have never regretted this decision.
We have a competent police force and fire and rescue department. My wife had a heart attack in the early 1990s. The rescue people were at our residence immediately. Their response and professional competence may have saved her life.
Our only complaint has been losing our electricity. Usually any wind that would fly a kite or thunderstorm would mean an electricity shutdown. It was a miracle, but our electricity stayed on during the latest ice storm. Trimming the trees no doubt helped this. Thanks and kudos to the electric company.
Our heartfelt thanks to our wonderful neighbors Jim, Doug, Velma, Will, Beth and Gene. Also much thanks to our Scott City and inmate crews for picking up the limbs and brush. Not many cities would do this for their residents.
Again, we say thanks and God bless to all of you. Moving here was a great decision.
WILLIAM C. HANCOCK, Scott City