- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Robbers steal food from Cape Girardeau delivery man
Cape Girardeau police are investigating a bizarre robbery that occurred Monday night shortly before 8 p.m. in the 1100 block of South Ellis Street and involved a theft of Chinese food.
The victim, a delivery man for China Star restaurant, was dropping off an order at an address on South Ellis Street when he was attacked by the four men that answered the door at the residence, said Sgt. Jason Selzer, spokesman for the Cape Girardeau Police Department.
He was beaten with a broom handle, and suffered punches and kicks at the hands of his assailants, Selzer said.
The four men took the Chinese food and a paper delivery menu, but no money, Selzer said.
The victim fled back to the restaurant and contacted police, Selzer said. He later sought medical treatment for his head injuries suffered during the attack.