- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Monroe A. Dunning, 87, of Advance died Friday, Nov. 12, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Jan. 7, 1917, in Zalma, Mo., son of John and Ann Dunning. He and Lucille Poe were married Oct. 3, 1935, at Benton, Mo. She died Oct. 28, 1991.
Dunning was a retired farmer and member of the Bethel Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Dunning of Advance; a daughter, Shirley Froman of Zalma; two half sisters, Gladys Farmer and Betty Parker, both of Dexter, Mo.; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a half brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park at Advance.