- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ST. LOUIS -- Luella Mae Knowles, age 85, of St. Louis, formerly of Patton, Mo., passed away Friday, Feb. 13, 2009, at Delmar Gardens South in St. Louis.
She was born July 15, 1923, at Marquand, Mo., daughter of Henry Eugene and Belle Matilda Seabaugh Schell. She and John Knowles were married April 20, 1940. He preceded her in death Aug. 6, 1996.
Lou loved golf and going dancing with her husband, John. After retiring to Patton in 1979, John planted huge gardens from which Lou would can or freeze mountains of fresh vegetables. In her spare time, Lou loved to embroider, make quilts and play in golf tournaments with her husband and their golfing friends at Fredericktown Golf Club.
She was the beloved mother of Judith (Patrick) Ries of St. Louis; John (Kathleen) Knowles III of Rock Falls, Ill.; Gloria Driscoll of St. Louis; grandmother of Suzanne (John) Ries Rainey; Kelly Knowles Williamson; John (Ilene) Knowles; Michael Driscoll (fiancee Lisa Cartwright); Megan Driscoll; great-grandmother of Maggie, Ian, Gavin Rainey and Karter Driscoll; sister-in-law, aunt, great-aunt, cousin and friend.
Preceding her in death were her parents, Henry Eugene and Belle Seabaugh Schell; husband, John; three brothers, Roscoe, Bill and Harley Gene Schell; a sister, Mildred Green; three nieces; and two nephews.
Family requests no flowers, please; instead big hugs to those you care about -- life is short. Donations may be made to the American Lung Association.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton (highways 51 and 72).
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home chapel, with the Rev. Grant Gillard officiating. Burial will be in the Patton Cemetery.