- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ST. LOUIS -- Luella Mae Knowles, age 85, of St. Louis, formerly of Patton, Mo., passed away Friday, Feb. 13, 2009, at Delmar Gardens South in St. Louis.
She was born July 15, 1923, at Marquand, Mo., daughter of Henry Eugene and Belle Matilda Seabaugh Schell. She and John Knowles were married April 20, 1940. He preceded her in death Aug. 6, 1996.
Lou loved golf and going dancing with her husband, John. After retiring to Patton in 1979, John planted huge gardens from which Lou would can or freeze mountains of fresh vegetables. In her spare time, Lou loved to embroider, make quilts and play in golf tournaments with her husband and their golfing friends at Fredericktown Golf Club.
She was the beloved mother of Judith (Patrick) Ries of St. Louis; John (Kathleen) Knowles III of Rock Falls, Ill.; Gloria Driscoll of St. Louis; grandmother of Suzanne (John) Ries Rainey; Kelly Knowles Williamson; John (Ilene) Knowles; Michael Driscoll (fiancee Lisa Cartwright); Megan Driscoll; great-grandmother of Maggie, Ian, Gavin Rainey and Karter Driscoll; sister-in-law, aunt, great-aunt, cousin and friend.
Preceding her in death were her parents, Henry Eugene and Belle Seabaugh Schell; husband, John; three brothers, Roscoe, Bill and Harley Gene Schell; a sister, Mildred Green; three nieces; and two nephews.
Family requests no flowers, please; instead big hugs to those you care about -- life is short. Donations may be made to the American Lung Association.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton (highways 51 and 72).
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home chapel, with the Rev. Grant Gillard officiating. Burial will be in the Patton Cemetery.