- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cora Alice Wise, 92, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Nov. 12, 2004, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born April 8, 1912, at Blodgett, Mo., daughter of George A. and Gertrude Peel Johnson. She and Lee Bell Wise were married at Benton. He preceded her in death.
Mrs. Wise was a resident of Cape Girardeau 60 years, and was employed by Cape Girardeau School District 18 years. She was a member of Red Star Baptist Church.
Survivors include a brother, Charles Johnson of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Joyce (Rev. Verlee) Eaker of Anna, Ill.; and a grandson, Christopher Wise of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 11 a.m. Sunday until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating. Burial will be in Oakdale Cemetery at Commerce, Mo.