- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Bess McFerron, 89, of Park Hills, Mo., passed away Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2004, at St. Joe Manor in Bonne Terre, Mo.
She was born Nov. 25, 1914, in Advance, daughter of Harry and Ada Dixon McKinley. She married Paul Raymond McFerron.
Bess was a longtime member of Esther Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Paul Ray (Janet) McFerron of Desloge, Mo., Tom K. (Doris) McFerron of Bonne Terre, Harvey F. (Sharon) McFerron of Jefferson City, Mo.; two granddaughters, Nancy McFerron of San Antonio, Texas, Julie Kay (David) Sandweg of St. Louis; six grandsons, Alex McFerron of Houston, Texas, Mike McFerron, Paul McFerron and Joe McFerron, all of Jefferson City, Samuel McFerron and Daniel (Christine) McFerron, all of Bonne Terre; a great-granddaughter, Riley McFerron of Bonne Terre; a brother, John (Eva) McKinley of Dexter, Mo.; two sisters, Jessie (Bill) Cato of Zalma, Mo., Faye Looney of Yellsville, Ark.; many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter, Karen Kay Carruthers; a sister, Mildred Willis; and four brothers, Charles, Carl, Tom and Doyle McKinley.
The funeral was held Friday at Caldwell Funeral Home in Park Hills, with the Rev. Lester Henry officiating.
Memorials may be made to Esther First Baptist Church and/or Mineral Area Hospice.