- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Bess McFerron, 89, of Park Hills, Mo., passed away Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2004, at St. Joe Manor in Bonne Terre, Mo.
She was born Nov. 25, 1914, in Advance, daughter of Harry and Ada Dixon McKinley. She married Paul Raymond McFerron.
Bess was a longtime member of Esther Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Paul Ray (Janet) McFerron of Desloge, Mo., Tom K. (Doris) McFerron of Bonne Terre, Harvey F. (Sharon) McFerron of Jefferson City, Mo.; two granddaughters, Nancy McFerron of San Antonio, Texas, Julie Kay (David) Sandweg of St. Louis; six grandsons, Alex McFerron of Houston, Texas, Mike McFerron, Paul McFerron and Joe McFerron, all of Jefferson City, Samuel McFerron and Daniel (Christine) McFerron, all of Bonne Terre; a great-granddaughter, Riley McFerron of Bonne Terre; a brother, John (Eva) McKinley of Dexter, Mo.; two sisters, Jessie (Bill) Cato of Zalma, Mo., Faye Looney of Yellsville, Ark.; many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter, Karen Kay Carruthers; a sister, Mildred Willis; and four brothers, Charles, Carl, Tom and Doyle McKinley.
The funeral was held Friday at Caldwell Funeral Home in Park Hills, with the Rev. Lester Henry officiating.
Memorials may be made to Esther First Baptist Church and/or Mineral Area Hospice.