- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Stephen W. Ayers, 53, of St. Louis died Thursday, Nov. 11, 2004, at his home.
He was born April 23, 1951, in Sikeston, Mo., son of Glenn and Drucille Pixley Ayers.
Survivors include a companion, Martha Cavin of St. Louis; a son, Jason (Susan) Ayers of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Rachel Ayers of Covington, Ky.; his mother of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Helen (Phil) Taylor and Linda Ayers of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Philip (Loretta) Ayers of St. Louis, Dennis (Jeannie) Ayers of O'Fallon, Mo., David (Susan) Ayers of Kansas City, Mo., Neal (Denise) Ayers of Dexter, Mo.; two grandchildren, Savanna and Zach Ayers of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A memorial Mass will be held at 11 a.m. today at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau.
Kutis Funeral Home in St. Louis is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to CaringBridge, 3440 Federal Drive, Suite 100, Eagan, Minn., 55122.