- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
religion calendar 11/13
Fairview General Baptist Church near Advance, Mo., will present the Men of Westminster gospel quartet at 7 p.m.
The Rev. George Wayne Smith, bishop of Missouri, will visit Christ Episcopal Church. He will teach at 9 a.m. from his book "Admirable Simplicity" and will be the celebrant at the 10:15 a.m. service of consecration and communion. A reception will be held after services.
First Baptist Church in Jackson will present Wes and Beth Gestring, who will speak about their mission work in Lesotho. The church will hold a Thanksgiving and international missions banquet at 5:15 p.m., with a video presentation by the Gestrings.
Second Missionary Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau will celebrate its 137th anniversary with special services at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Dana Darley of Detroit, Mich. The young adult choir of Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church in East St. Louis, Ill., will present special music.
Church of God of Prophecy in Delta will hold a gospel singing with the McAtees at 6:30 p.m. at the church.
Susanna Wesley Circle of Centenary United Methodist Women will meet at 9:30 p.m. in the Limbaugh Parlor. Dick Giles will present a program on Chrismons.
The women's circles at Grace United Methodist church meet at 9:30 a.m. and at noon in the fellowship hall and at 6:30 p.m. at the home of Debi Cato.
Wimodausis Circle at Centenary will meet at 1:30 p.m. at Chateau Girardeau. Joy Boyer will present a program in consumer fraud.
-- From staff reports