- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
religion briefs 11/13
Children can begin 'Adventures at Abbey Road' at First Christian Church this Sunday
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) will begin a new children's program Sunday, called "Adventures at Abbey Road." The program includes storytelling, crafts and other activities suited for children. The program begins at 9:45 a.m. and concludes when worship services are complete. The first month's sessions will be on Bible stories of Noah and the flood. Other topics include Advent, Epiphany, Lent and Easter. For information, call the church at 335-3422.
Gloryland Travelers will perform at gospel concert presented at Unity Baptist Church
The Gloryland Travelers of Mounds, Ill., will sing in services Nov. 21 at Unity Baptist Church. The event is part of the congregation's annual Harvest Day activities. A concert will be held at 1:30 p.m. after a dinner in the church hall. The church is off Highway 77 near Benton, Mo.
-- From staff reports