- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Heisserers mark 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Sylvester Heisserer of Cape Girardeau observed their 50th wedding anniversary Oct. 30, 2004.
A Mass, dinner and dance was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
Heisserer and Alma Westrich were married Oct. 23, 1954, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo., by the Rev. Joseph Keusenkothen.
The couple has a daughter, Sherri (Mark) Jenkins of Kelso, and a son, Bob (Cheri) Heisserer of Rogers, Ark. A son, Jeffrey, is deceased.
They have five grandchildren, Ryan and Aaron Jenkins; and Jennifer, Mitchell and Matthew Heisserer.