- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Virginia M. Gannon, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Feb. 9, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Sept. 7, 1921, in Sikeston, Mo., daughter of Edward and Grace Banks Davis. She and Ernest D. Gannon were married May 4, 1957, in Holly Springs, Miss. He preceded her in death.
Gannon was a member of Southside Baptist Church.
She is survived by a friend, Diane Jackson of Benton, Mo.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Thursday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.