- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
COBDEN, Ill. — Howard J. Smith, 78, of Christopher, Ill., died Saturday, Feb. 7, 2009, at Doctors Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Salem, Ill.
He was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Cobden, son of Howard W. and Elva M. Crowell Smith.
Smith was a U.S. Air Force veteran of the Korean War.
He was a retired construction worker.
Survivors include two brothers, Donald Smith of Anna, Ill., Jerry Smith of Lebanon, Ill.; and a sister, Linda Baxter of Carterville, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
There is no funeral service.
Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Cobden is in charge of arrangements.