- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
COBDEN, Ill. — Howard J. Smith, 78, of Christopher, Ill., died Saturday, Feb. 7, 2009, at Doctors Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Salem, Ill.
He was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Cobden, son of Howard W. and Elva M. Crowell Smith.
Smith was a U.S. Air Force veteran of the Korean War.
He was a retired construction worker.
Survivors include two brothers, Donald Smith of Anna, Ill., Jerry Smith of Lebanon, Ill.; and a sister, Linda Baxter of Carterville, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
There is no funeral service.
Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Cobden is in charge of arrangements.