- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
COBDEN, Ill. — Howard J. Smith, 78, of Christopher, Ill., died Saturday, Feb. 7, 2009, at Doctors Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Salem, Ill.
He was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Cobden, son of Howard W. and Elva M. Crowell Smith.
Smith was a U.S. Air Force veteran of the Korean War.
He was a retired construction worker.
Survivors include two brothers, Donald Smith of Anna, Ill., Jerry Smith of Lebanon, Ill.; and a sister, Linda Baxter of Carterville, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
There is no funeral service.
Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Cobden is in charge of arrangements.