- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Health calendar 2/11/09
Mended Hearts appreciation banquet
Heart-healthy menu and a presentation by "The Hat Lady." Call 331-7950.
When: 6 p.m.
Where: Harrison Room, Southeast Missouri Hospital
Diabetes self-management support group
Coping with health issues can require changing the way things are done. Learn what strategies are most helpful for dealing with the stress that can come from making changes. Call 332-1587 to register.
When: 1 to 2 p.m.
Where: Wellness Connection in West Park Mall
Asthma education for children, adults and families by Southeast Missouri Hospital respiratory care practitioners. call 332-1587.
When: 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Where: Meeting room 105, Southeast Missouri Hospital
The Details on Diets
Hear how TLC diets work for some and not others.
When: 10:30 to 10:45 a.m.
Where: Health and Wellness Center conference room 1, Saint Francis Medical Center
School's Out Day Camp
Fun and games for children ages 5 to 12 who have Presidents Day off. Call 243-2211.
When: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: HealthPoint, Jackson
Healthy Cooking: Mardi Gras Fun
Cook up some healthy Louisiana-style eats. Some dishes will be spicer than others. To register, call 986-4440.
When: 6 to 7:15 p.m.
Where: HealthPoint, Cape Girardeau
Wellness Connection Healthy Heart Fair
Cholesterol and blood pressure screenings; heart and stroke prevention education; nutrition education, 11 a.m. healthy cooking demonstration; 5:30 p.m. light supper; call 332-1587.
When: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: West Park Mall
Arthritis Education and Support Series meeting
This free series offers support and knowledge to those suffering from arthritis. Call 331-5880.
When: 6:30 p.m.
Where: Health and Wellness conference rooms 1 and 2, Saint Francis Medical Center