- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)41
- Clay Waller faces federal charge of interstate domestic violence in wife Jacque's murder (05/23/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)27
- New restaurant, music venue to open in former Bel-Air building (05/23/16)4
- Instagram threat compels Perryville school district to hike security; 15-year-old detained (05/25/16)
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)12
- Body found near park identified as Cape resident (05/22/16)5
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Local business faces $42,000 in OSHA fines (05/25/16)2
- Mentally ill man's bout of violence leaves him with no place to go (05/23/16)8
McDonald signs four-year extension with Blues
ST. LOUIS — The St. Louis Blues signed center Andy McDonald to a four-year, $18.8 million contract extension Monday.
"The St. Louis Blues realize how integral Andy is to the future of our organization," team president John Davidson said. "He's a top line center who will play a major role in the development of our team."
The 31-year-old McDonald is in his eighth NHL season. He has missed the past 35 games with a broken left leg, but practiced Monday and could play today when the Blues host Vancouver. In 16 games before the injury, he led the Blues with 18 points, including six goals and 12 assists.
"I've been really itching to get back in," McDonald said. "I feel like now I'm at the point where I can contribute."
McDonald has 20 goals and 54 points in 65 games with St. Louis since he was acquired from Anaheim in the middle of last season. He was part of the Ducks team that won the 2007 Stanley Cup.