- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
McDonald signs four-year extension with Blues
ST. LOUIS — The St. Louis Blues signed center Andy McDonald to a four-year, $18.8 million contract extension Monday.
"The St. Louis Blues realize how integral Andy is to the future of our organization," team president John Davidson said. "He's a top line center who will play a major role in the development of our team."
The 31-year-old McDonald is in his eighth NHL season. He has missed the past 35 games with a broken left leg, but practiced Monday and could play today when the Blues host Vancouver. In 16 games before the injury, he led the Blues with 18 points, including six goals and 12 assists.
"I've been really itching to get back in," McDonald said. "I feel like now I'm at the point where I can contribute."
McDonald has 20 goals and 54 points in 65 games with St. Louis since he was acquired from Anaheim in the middle of last season. He was part of the Ducks team that won the 2007 Stanley Cup.