- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
THEBES, Ill. -- James Leroy "Jim" Sutton, 60, of Thebes died Friday, Feb. 6, 2009, at his home surrounded by his loving family.
He was born March 13, 1948, in Thebes to Virgil and Nota Wooley Sutton. He and Linda Kay Cruse were married Aug. 11, 1967. She survives.
Sutton was a member of the First Baptist Church in Thebes.
Jim returned to Thebes 21 years ago. While there, he served as town marshal for 10 years and as mayor for one term. He worked at Wiethop Truck Sales in Cape Girardeau as a mechanic. His family would like to thank his friends at Wiethop, his doctors and caregivers for their loving support.
Survivors include his wife of Thebes; three daughters, Laura (Rick) Ramsey of Sikeston, Mo., Lana (Luke) Held of Moffit, N.D.; Julie Sutton Hale of Thebes; a son, James Aaron Sutton (Rachel) of Crystal City, Mo.; a sister, Kathy Darby of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, John (Judy) of Thebes, Virgil E. (Cathy) of Salt Lake City, Randy (Star) of St. Louis; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; a niece; nephews; other relatives; and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until the time of services Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
Funeral services will be held at noon Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dr. Rick Ramsey officiating. Interment will follow at Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes.
Memorials may be made to the family and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www. crainsonline.com.