- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Prisoner turns up in judge's trunk
MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. -- A Michigan judge said he's learned a lesson about locking his car after a 16-year-old prisoner who escaped from a courthouse cell was found hiding in the vehicle's trunk.
The Macomb Daily reports the teen had vanished Friday after appearing in juvenile court in Mount Clemens.
Sheriff's deputies searched for about an hour until a security officer became suspicious when he saw a picture on the ground outside the judge's car.
A deputy checked and found the boy in the trunk.
Macomb County Circuit Judge Peter Maceroni says the teen likely used a button inside the unlocked car to open the trunk.
The judge says that from now on he will lock the car when he's at the courthouse.