- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
What's happening today 2/8/09
Immanuel Lutheran Church will hold its annual pond-raised catfish dinner and country store at 2:30 p.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church basement at New Wells. The price is discounted for children. The event is sponsored by Fellowship Club, Lutheran Women Missionary League and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
College Goal Sunday
College Goal Sunday is a one-day, free event for students and their parents to receive professional, one-on-one help filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) held from 2 to 4 p.m. at Dempster Hall, Southeast Missouri State University. There will be a chance to win a $500 scholarship to attend the school of the winner's choice (winner must be a fall, 2009 first-semester freshman). For more information visit www.collegegoalmissouri.com.
Valentine pageant for all ages
The seventh annual East Prairie Valentine Pageant, at 2 p.m. at East Prairie High School auditorium, is open to boys and girls of various ages. There are special events available for an additional price and a supreme contest division, too. Phone entries are accepted. For more information, call pageant director Kandi Staples at 573-649-2702.
Racers program builds nest boxes
Learn tips on identifying backyard birds, how to attract them to your yard and make a bluebird nest box from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Nature Center. This is a Racers program activity for 12 to 17 year olds. Registration is required.
Oran Jaycee February breakfast
Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy are on the menu from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Oran Jaycee Hall. Children 5 and younger eat free.