- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Road sign: British R coming
LUBBOCK, Texas -- A hacked electronic highway sign in northwestern Texas carried an international message that seemed to predate, well, the use of electricity.
The sign Friday briefly flashed: "OMG The British R coming. They R watching you."
KCBD-TV reports the sign was in a construction area in southwest Lubbock.
A statement from Austin Bridge & Road said someone "with a questionable sense of humor" accessed the password on the message board. The portable sign that was hacked has since been removed and a permanent exit sign has been installed.
No word yet on the culprits.
Similar pranks in other states have transportation authorities worried that drivers may miss important information about upcoming road conditions.