- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Road sign: British R coming
LUBBOCK, Texas -- A hacked electronic highway sign in northwestern Texas carried an international message that seemed to predate, well, the use of electricity.
The sign Friday briefly flashed: "OMG The British R coming. They R watching you."
KCBD-TV reports the sign was in a construction area in southwest Lubbock.
A statement from Austin Bridge & Road said someone "with a questionable sense of humor" accessed the password on the message board. The portable sign that was hacked has since been removed and a permanent exit sign has been installed.
No word yet on the culprits.
Similar pranks in other states have transportation authorities worried that drivers may miss important information about upcoming road conditions.