- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)2
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)5
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Road sign: British R coming
LUBBOCK, Texas -- A hacked electronic highway sign in northwestern Texas carried an international message that seemed to predate, well, the use of electricity.
The sign Friday briefly flashed: "OMG The British R coming. They R watching you."
KCBD-TV reports the sign was in a construction area in southwest Lubbock.
A statement from Austin Bridge & Road said someone "with a questionable sense of humor" accessed the password on the message board. The portable sign that was hacked has since been removed and a permanent exit sign has been installed.
No word yet on the culprits.
Similar pranks in other states have transportation authorities worried that drivers may miss important information about upcoming road conditions.