- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Shearer - Blattner
Ashley Weist Shearer and Trevor Charles Blattner were united in marriage Dec. 28, 2008, at Loose Mansion in Kansas City, Mo. Judge Sherman Phipps, grandfather of the bride, performed the ceremony. Vocalists were Chris Beck of Portland, Ore., Seth Iliff and Emily Tummons of Kansas City. Musicians were Melek Ta'us Ensemble of Kansas City.
The bride is the daughter of Kathy Wheat of Lees Summit, Mo., and Robert and Jackie Shearer of Independence, Mo. The groom is the son of Rick and Tracy Blattner of Cape Girardeau.
Matron of honor was Megan Scanlon of Lees Summit, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Emily Perry of Springfield, Mo., Abby Shearer of Independence, sisters of the bride; and Jill Blattner of Auburn, Ala., sister of the groom.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Andrew Eaton of Kansas City, Mark Wittenborn of Cape Girardeau, and Jeff Larkin of Kansas City. Ushers were Adam Bettis of Lawrence, Kan., Chase Navarro and Chris Hermreck of Scottsdale, Ariz.
Candlelighters were Amy Thompson and Stephanie Iliff of Kansas City.
Flower girls were Carly and Reece Smith, and ringbearer was Addison Smith, children of Grant and Casey Smith of Liberty, Mo.
Guest book attendant was Olga Burwell of Kansas City. Program attendants were Tori and Dalton Welch of Cape Girardeau, aunt and nephew of the groom.
The reception was held at Loose Mansion.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Dec. 27 at Brio on the Plaza.
Mrs. Blattner is a graduate of Blue Springs South High School in Blue Springs, Mo. She received a bachelor of science degree in dental hygiene from the University of Missouri-Kansas City, and is a third year dental student at UMKC.
The groom is a graduate of Central High School. He received a bachelor of arts degree in human biology from the University of Kansas in Lawrence. He is a third year dental student at UMKC.
After a wedding trip to Costa Rica, the couple is residing in Kansas City.