- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Melvin J. Onderdonk, 81, of Perryville died Thursday, Feb. 5, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 13, 1927, in Belgique, Mo., son of the late Albert and Bertine Fuytinck Onderdonk.
Onderdonk was a retired electronics specialist for A&E Electronics. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Knights of Columbus 3rd Degree, a U.S. Army World War II veteran, and former member of VFW Post 4282 and American Legion Post 133.
Survivors include three brothers, Robert Onderdonk and Michael (Jan) Onderdonk, both of Millersville, Emil (Rudelle) Onderdonk of Chester, Ill.; and a sister, Theresa (Charles) Geringer of Perryville.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters and five brothers.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. Parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Monday.
The funeral Mass will be 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating.
Burial will be in Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery in Belgique.
Memorials are preferred to the American Parkinson's Disease Association or St. Vincent's Schools.