- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
More charges filed against Dexter teen accused of sex crimes
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Six new charges have been filed against 17-year-old Zachariah Hedrick of Dexter, Mo., who was initially charged in October with forcible sodomy and felonious restraint after allegedly restraining a girl for sex acts, according to Stoddard County Prosecuting Attorney Briney Welborn.
Hedrick is scheduled to appear in Stoddard County Court on Feb. 26 to answer the additional charges, which include attempted forcible rape, felonious restraint, attempted first-degree statutory rape, first-degree child molestation, sexual misconduct or attempt involving a child under 15 and sexual abuse.
The charges were filed following an investigation by Dexter police detective Cory Mills, along with Stoddard County juvenile officers, involving allegations from a second female juvenile who recently provided local authorities with details involving an incident she says occurred in February 2006. According to the female, Hedrick forced her into an unlit room following an activity at a local youth event, restrained her and attempted to perform sexual acts.