- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Eric Christopher Going, 41, of Las Vegas passed away Sunday, Feb. 1, 2009, at his home.
He was born Feb. 19, 1967, in St. Louis, son of Chester "Chet" Going and Kathleen Reed Peterson. He and Maribel Rodriguez were married June 30, 1990, in Las Vegas.
Eric attended Fredericktown Junior High School before moving from the area.
He was a veteran of Desert Storm, serving with the U.S. Army in Honduras and Panama.
He was owner and operator of Able Lock and Key Inc. in Las Vegas the past four years.
Loving survivors include his wife, Maribel; a 10-year-old daughter, Elyssa; a newborn son, Kyle, both of the home; his father and stepmother, Chet and Loretta Going of Cape Girardeau; his mother and stepfather, Kathleen and Bert Peterson of Las Vegas; a brother, Michael Going of Ozark, Mo.; a stepsister, Kimberly Koehler of Altamonte Springs, Fla.; numerous nieces and nephews, cousins, other family members and friends.
He was loved by all who were fortunate to be acquainted with him. He never met a stranger.
A memorial service celebrating his life will be held Feb. 13 in Las Vegas.
Announcement courtesy of McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.