- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- John V. Schwach, 78, of Perryville died Sunday, Nov. 7, 2004, at Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville.
He was born Feb. 22, 1926, in Cape Girardeau County, son of Nick and Nellie White Schwach. He and Elvira M. Brewer Emmendorfer were married April 17, 1978, in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
Schwach had been a cook on a towboat with Crouse Corp. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, 3rd Degree member of Knights of Columbus, American Legion Post 133, and VFW Post 4282.
He was a U.S. Army Air Corps veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Kathy Lamunton of Florida; a son, Donald Schwach of Corona, Calif.; two sisters, Mary Penner and Dorothy Stock of Perryville; three stepsons, Linus, Robert and William Emmendorfer of Perryville.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two children and a brother.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Wednesday from 6:30 to 10:20 a.m. Knights of Columbus parish prayers will be at 4:30 p.m. today, followed at 6 by a VFW service. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, with military honors by American Legion Post 133.