- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Sondra Sue Heckes, 62, of Granite City, Ill., died Sunday, Nov. 7, 2004, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born July 10, 1942, in Anna. She and Roger Heckes were married Aug. 11, 1977, at Wolf Lake, Ill.
Heckes was a member of City Temple Church in Granite City. She was formerly of Union County.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Troy Snider of Plant City, Fla., Greg Snider of Chester, Ill., Rodney Snider of Grand Tower; a daughter, Beth Kraus of Granite City; a sister, Dianna Holcomb of Anna; a brother, Mark Garris; a stepsister, Wanda Wallace of Kentucky; and nine grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Stamp officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.